Here at Melonhead, ensuring the health and safety of our clients, our team and our community remains our top priority. It is our responsibility to provide a safe, sanitized, and comfortable environment for you and your family. In doing so, we want to provide you with procedures and protocols we have put in place to guarantee a safe salon experience.
In order to to keep you and your little one safe, all Melonhead team members must:
- Complete a health screening questionnaire before each shift
- Engage in touchless Hello’s & Goodbye’s
- Wash their hands before and after every appointment
- Clean & disinfect all tools before and after every appointment
- Clean & disinfect their chair and station before and after every appointment
- Use a freshly laundered cape for each and every client
- Practice physical distancing at all times with the exception of servicing their clients
- Stay at home if they are feeling sick or unwell
To ensure a safe experience for everyone, we need your help as well:
- At this time, all clients will be required to make an appointment before visiting the salon – walk in appointments will be limited.
- Appointment can be done via phone upon re opening, or via online booking by visiting our website at www.melonhead.ca
- Clients must check in their child with reception before entering the salon so we can ensure your child’s seat is sanitized and ready for them
- All clients will be asked to arrive with clean, dry hair without any products applied
- Contactless payments will be preferred
Effective prevention measures and ongoing monitoring are key to a successful re-opening
Booking Your Appointment
Our receptionists are in and ready to help you make your appointment. For your convenience, online booking is available at www.melonhead.ca
When making your appointment, you will be asked;
- To provide your contact information – name, number & email address
This information is vital for us to maintain client records to help support public health contact tracing efforts.
You will be reminded about the following:
- Please arrive on time for your appointment. If you are running late, we cannot guarantee another spot will be available.
- Please be sure your child’s hair is clean, product-free, and dry upon arrival
Arriving to your appointment:
- We ask that you arrive on time for your scheduled appointment time.
- Please be sure to check in with reception before entering the salon to ensure your stylist is ready to serve you.
- Our receptionist will lead you to our sanitizing station where you and your child will be asked to sanitize your hands
During your Appointment
- Each client will be provided with a freshly disinfected cape, as well as a disposable neck strip throughout their service.
- Toy bins for the children, will not be available at this time to reduce to spread of germs.
- Blowing bubbles with be temporarily unavailable
After your Appointment
Parent/Guardian will be asked to prepare to pay for service(s) or product(s) prior to their child leaving the chair - contactless payment is encouraged.
Despite the temporary modifications we have made to our services, we remain committed to providing you with the exceptional Melonhead service you deserve.